This privacy notice lets you know what happens to any personal data that you give to us, or any that we may collect from or about you. It applies to all our services and instances where we collect your personal data. Your personal data is data, which by itself or together with other data available can be used to identify you.
We acknowledge and agree that any personal data of yours that we handle will be processed in accordance with the applicable data protection laws in force. The General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) apply with effect from 25th May 2018.
2. The types of personal data we collect and use
The personal data we use may include:
- Full name, address, email address, home and mobile telephone numbers
- Date of birth
- National Insurance number
- Financial details e.g. salary, benefits and details of any other types of income
- Bank details
- Employment status
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal data about other named persons with whom we have your authority to speak. You must have their authority to provide their personal data to us and share this privacy notice with them beforehand together with details of what you’ve agreed on their behalf
We shall tell you if some personal data is optional including if we ask for your consent to process it.
How we use the Information
The above information is used to provide our services in our capacity of a Law Firm and to act on your instructions.
How we hold the Information
All the personal data we have is stored on our database in the UK, in our offices at either Liverpool or Huyton and at our offsite archiving facility in Liverpool.
Disclosure of your Information
We may have to share your personal information with other organisations, for example, the Courts and Government Agencies to comply with legal requirements and the administration of justice. We may also need to appoint other organisations to carry out some activities on our behalf. These will include for example, barristers’ chambers and counsel, accountants, expert witnesses, medical agencies and experts, agent solicitors and consultants, courier services, costs drafting firms and IT support.
Using your Personal Data – the Lawful Basis and Purpose
We shall process your personal data as necessary to perform our contract for the relevant legal service with you:
- To take steps at your request before entering into it
- To decide whether to enter into it
- To manage and perform that contract
- To update our records
You have the right to make an Information Access Request to ask for a copy of the information about you that we hold. Before we release any information, we shall request that you provide evidence of identity. If you would like to make a request for information, please write to the firm’s Data Protection Director, Mr Eric Williams, Cobleys Solicitors Ltd, 19-23 Sir Thomas St, Liverpool L1 6BW.
In addition to this right of access, you also have the following rights:
- The right to be informed that your personal data is being processed, by whom and on what basis
- The right to rectification of inaccurate personal data
- The right to erasure of personal data
- The right to restrict processing of personal data
- The right to data portability
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling based on personal data
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. It has enforcement powers and can investigate compliance with data protection law.
If you would like to amend or delete details or contact us in relation to the above, please contact Mr Eric Williams, Cobleys Solicitors Ltd, 19-23 Sir Thomas St, Liverpool L1 6BW.
Security and Storage of Information
We take the security of your personal information seriously. We have security measures in place to ensure that our paper and computer systems and databases are protected against unauthorised use, loss or damage. We store data only for as long as is necessary and in accordance with the firm’s retention policy.
Changes to the Privacy Notice
We may periodically update our Privacy Notice and suggest that you check our website from time to time to review our latest notice www.cobleys.com